Some people post their kid updates, I am going to post a dog update. Tomorrow marks the second week that Tackle has been home with me. He is a great dog most of the time but there are times when he is just a holy terror! Below are his naughty and nice lists.
- He broke a window in his room while I was at work one day - that cost me $115 to replace.
- After breaking that window he decided to chew my camera into tiny little pieces
- While he is house broken and never pees inside, he doesn't seem to understand that you must poop outside as well.
- When i was getting ready one morning he walked past me and pulled my Chi flat iron into the toilet ruining it.
- The only thing he chews on is my shoes. Luckily none have been ruined so far.
- He does not understand the concept of a leash just yet.
- Last weekend, the second I opened the gate he took off for the highway. He ran into the street and 2 cars had to swerve not to hit him.
Sweet Doggie! (now for some of the good things)
- When I am home, Tackle follows me around everywhere. He never wants to leave my side.
- He is not allowed on the furniture so when I sit on the couch he sits by my feet and puts his head in my lap and will stay there for hours if I let him.
- He will not lay on his doggie bed for anything, he'd rather lay on the ground next to it then on the comfy pad.
- He takes his medicine like a champ (as long as it's wrapped in Turkey)
- His football toy has become his version of a security blanket - he has to have it in every room he is in, even if he is not playing with it.
- I have not heard him bark once since I got him
- He sleeps through the night.
Tomorrow I am taking him for his first vet visit to get groomed and to get he stitches removed. We will see how that goes.