Thursday, October 28, 2010
Stay tuned for more pictures to come.
Monday, October 25, 2010
At the beginning of the week we didn't have tickets. We decided that since there was a chance of ran and since the game was so early that we would save our money and not buy tickets this week. Friday night we found out that my family had extra tickets that they were going to give us and we still decided not to go. We both had had a really long week and I was not to keen on the idea of sitting in the rain to watch the game.
So I slept in, woke up and turned on Game Day. Ryan came over and I watched the game in my pajamas. Infact, I didn't get out of them until about 5 p.m. It was great! Turns out we made a good decision because there were 2 rain delays and the game, which started at 11 a.m., didn't end until 4:45.
Friday, October 15, 2010
Arkansas Razorbacks vs. Auburn Tigers
Thursday, October 14, 2010
1 pkg yellow cake mix
1 can of pumpkin, divided
1/2 c milk
1/3 c oil
1-1/2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice, divided
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 c powdered sugar
1 tub of Cool Whip
1/4 c caramel ice cream topping
1/4 c chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Beat cake mix, 1 c pumpkin, milk, oil, eggs, 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice in large bowl until blended. Pour batter into 2 greased and floured round cake pans.
3. Bake for 28 - 30 minutes. Cool in pans for 10 minutes then remove and place on wire racks. Cool completely (I put the cakes in the refrigerator to cool faster).
4. Beat cream cheese in bowl until creamy. Add sugar, remaining pumpkin and spice. Mix well. Stir in Cool Whip.
5. Once the cakes are cool, cut horizontally into 2 pieces. Stack on serving plate layering cake then cream cheese mixture. There will be three layers of cream cheese mixture. Do no put cream cheese mixture on the top.
6. Drizzle with caramel and chopped pecans just before serving. Refrigerate leftovers.
Let me know if you like it!
Saturday, October 9, 2010
Yesterday I was able to open my computer and see the hundreds of emails that were in my inbox so I started on those. While doing that it made me realize how much I had missed, not only at work but outside of work too and I started putting together a list of things that really annoy me about being sick.
- I haven't seen Ryan since Tuesday. I didn't want him getting this crap. Not seeing your fiance for a week really sucks
- I missed my dad's game on Friday night - I'm a coach's daughter, enough said
- I am so sick of watching TV but when you are sick that is basicallly all you can do
- Even though I was out SICK from work, my office still thought it was ok to call me every couple of hours to ask questions - people: let me have a few days to recover please!
- My house has become a danger zone - I am a neat freak so this clutter is driving me crazy
- I missed a going away party for one of my assistants at work
- It was amazing weather all week and all I could do is look at it from the inside
And one of the major things is I missed our engagement picture shoot. I was really stressing about this because my awesome photographer, Rachel Blackwell, moved to San Francisco because her husband got a job out there. She had already booked 4 weddings before they knew so she comes back every couple of months for us. If we didn't do our shoot this week, I wasn't sure when we were going to be able to do it. By Thursday I was still inmobile so I texted her on the off chance we could switch days and luckily she said one of her clients had canceled on Sunday night so we could do it then. Thank goodness!
It is now Saturday and I finally feel like I am coming out of it. I will let you know how things go. Hope yall all had a better week than me. I am now done with my complaining. Thanks for listening.
Monday, October 4, 2010
The boys playing ladder golf during half time
This week Ryan and I are having our engagement pictures taken. Being the typical girl, I have been trying to pick out our outfits for the past few weeks. I finally decided what I was going to wear and when I tried them on, I was very disappointed. Out of nowhere, these pesky little rolls appeared on my mid section and they are quite disgusting. Now before you start rolling your eyes and yelling at me through the computer screen, no I do not think I am fat, I just think that I used to be more toned when I was a younger gal - but who doesn't right?
In a very depressed state, I drove myself to Dillards to buy the dreaded girdle type contraption that is suppose to fix all my chubby problems - I bought my first pair of Spanx. I have never been to the point that I felt I needed extra help but I gave in to the realization that my body is just not what it use to be.
I was very skeptical of this product, even thought they have gotten great reviews, I wasn't sure if they could live up to their standards. Well by gosh, I was proven wrong! Spanx might be the best purchase I have every made. These things flatten your tummy and slim down your waist like you couldn't believe. I looked like I had instantly loast 10 pounds! With one pair of spandex, boob-high, knee-length "Power Panties" my confiedence was restored and my saddness washed away.
So to you, Sara Blakely, fellow Tri Delta sister, I thank you for saving the day and inventing this glorious product. Thumbs up to you sista!