Monday, March 28, 2011
Sunday, March 27, 2011
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
- picking the food to serve at the wedding - we meet with the caterer later today
- picking out rentals and linens - also meeting with the rental people today
- Family picture display for the reception
- Rehersal Dinner arrangements
- Wedding video - I have taken this project on myself and it is just about to drive me crazy!
- Guest Bags for out of towners
- Reception Gifts
I have also made a lot of headway recently. I am proud of myself for getting this accomplished:
- met with the florist and negotiated the contract
- secured the Band!
- SET HONEYMOON! (more to come on that later)
- Found the perfect hair piece to wear at the reception
- Had all my alterations done on my dress
- Taking my Bridal Portraits NEXT WEEK
- Secured my make-up artist and hair stylist
- Ordered personalized napkins
- secured special musial talent for the ceremony
- started our pre-martial counseling - not at all what I expected
- ordered sparklers for our exit - its 4th of July weekend so of course we had to have some sort of fireworsk
- finished my cake topper and it looks fabulous!
- Ordered personalized thank you cards - I think I went overboard and ordered way too many
Next week is crazy busy for me with wedding hoopla. I am getting my bridal portraits made on Friday which means I have several "beauty" appointments that week - spray tan, nails, makeup, eyebrows, hair, etc. Also on Friday my aunt and uncle and grandmother are coming in town because I have my first bridal shower on Saturday. I'm so excited to spend the weekend with my family and to do some more planning.
Tomorrow means we are in the DOUBLE-DIGIT countdown. Wahoo!!
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Sunday, March 13, 2011
Friday, March 11, 2011
Elise Mitchell, president and CEO, with Michael Clark, COO of Mitchell Communications Group accepting the award
Click here to read an article about our victory.
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Nathan and Sarah are expecting their second due in October! They have this handsome little man Hudson and his gender was a suprise until the day he was born. I asked Sarah if they were going to find out the sex of this baby and she said YES! The Harrimans live in Fayetteville so I am excited I get to see this baby grow too.
One of my good friends Jeni and her hubby Sam are due in August. Jeni called me the day after I heard about my cousin Whitney. Jeni is a bridesmaid in my wedding so she is going to be good and big come July. When she called me she said "Don't worry Meredith, when I ordered my bridesmaids dress I thought I was pregnant so I ordered it way too big" She is so cute and I can only imagine the cutest pregnant lady ever!
Ryan and I have 2 good couple friends who are both due in April - Tim and Carma Meitzen and Stephen and Kristin Butler. Tim and Ryan work together so it is really funny hearing the pregnancy stories from Tim's side. Stephen was the guy who picked up my engagement ring in Searcy and delivered it to Ryan. The bad thing is that Carma and Kristin have different doctors at different hospitals so they better not go into labor on the same day - that could be tricky for visitation. They are both having boys so I am sure they will grow up to be little buddies - Whitt Meitzen and Eli Butler.
Not only do I have several family members and friends pregnant, I also know of FOUR, yes FOUR, girls I graduated high school with who are all due in July and another who just delivered a baby girl in February! Whatever was in the water in November was caught by the FHS class of '03.
Now this one makes me feel old and behind the times. Two of the girls who were in my Gamma Chi group during rush of 2006 are now pregnant. They are 3 years younger than me!
I guess I have moved out of the wedding gift stage and into the baby gift department. Too bad there isn't a Bed Bath and Beyond for Babies!
I only wonder now who will be next. I have my guesses but I will keep them to myself for now. I ask that you pray for all of these couples and their precious bundles of joy as they grow. Pray for health and for uneventful deliveries. I love you all and can't wait to meet your new additions!
Oh and by the way - any of you preggos who are having a girl - I give you full permission to name her Meredith.