Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July and Baby Bokermann

He is here! He is here!! Mark William Bokermann, Jr. arrived at 5:15 a.m. on July 3. Will weighed 4 lbs and was 18.5 inches long. Both he and Tracey are doing well. We hear that Will will have to be in the NICU for 6 weeks but we are all praying that he can come home before that. Thank you for all of the prayers. Kinley got a pink golf club set from Will as a "big sister" gift. That smart girl is still trying to figure out how Will got out of the hospital to get the gift for her.

This year's 4th of July was one of the best I've had in a long time. I got to spend the entire weekend with my boy and we also got to spend time with both of our families. Since I still don't have a camera (it keeps falling further and further down my priority list of things need) I only got pics when we were with mom and dad and she had her camera.

We spent most of the weekend at our friend Clint's house. A lot of our friends were there. Clint purchased an above ground pool. The boys spent the majority of the time filling it up, draining it and moving it, filling it up again and then trying to figure out why it wasn't filling all the way. It was pretty funny to watch. All of the girls just sat and watched the boys work so hard.

On the night of the 4th Ryan and I went over to my parents' friends house - Mike and Kim Johnson. They have twins that are some of Spencers best friends so he and all of his friends were there too. The Johnsons have a perfect view of Fayetteville and we saw fireworks from all directions. A first for me was eating a roasted pig. Every year the Johnsons buy a whole pig, put it on a spit and roast it.

For the day I made patriotic cupcakes. I put colored frosting on them and when they were put together it looked like an American flag. I was so proud of myself and mad that I didn't a picture of them.

Oh Sunday we went up to Rogers and had lunch with Ryan's family. We got there and couldn't figure out why there was so much food when it was just going to be the 6 of us. Then his dad said "I just grilled everything I had so you boys couldn't eat it for the week." This made them very happy.

Overall we had a great long weekend. Here are some pictures from my mom's camera.

Don't we look patriotic? I even had on red shoes :)


Spencer and the Mrs. Johnson. I wonder how much she had to pay him to put that thing on?


Love the parents!

No comments: