Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Royal Wedding

The big announcement was made. Prince William is engaged and will be getting married next Spring or Summer. Just like Princess Di's wedding, the world will soon be enthralled by a Royal Wedding that I am sure will be just as big of an event.

When I saw the press conference come on CNN about the engagement, I immediately felt sorry for Kate Middelton, William's soon-to-be bride and Princess. I mean, really who wants to announce their engagement at a press conference? But.....don't worry, I haven't forgotten that she is now wearing Princess Di's 14 k Diamond engagemnt ring. Wowzers! Now that is a rock.

I wonder if she was one of those girls that dreamed about becoming a Princess when she was younger. I wonder if she ever imagined that she will ACTUALLY become a princess. Crazy thought because in months time she will have gone from lowly peasant to all mighty Princess. If Prince William is the next King of England, does that mean she will be Queen? Even crazier thought!!

Kathy, my future mother-in-law asked me today "So how do you feel about planning a wedding and getting married at the same time a Royal wedding is taking place?" Up until that moment, I hadn't actually thought about it that way. I guess because I wasn't even born when the first royal wedding happend, I didn't realize how much of an impact these weddings have on the entire planet. Everybody will be tuning in to watch the Prince get married. What if they got married the same day I am? Even if its not the same day, it will be the same year. The Prince of England and I got married the same year.

Who knows, maybe I can steal some ideas from the Royals for my wedding. (Please note the sarcasm in my voice as I type.)

Stay tuned for more details on MY "royal" wedding.

No comments: