Thursday, November 11, 2010

Washington DC - Site Seeing from the Back Seat

For a very long time the #1 city on my "Must Visit" list had been Washington DC so when I found out on Friday that I was leaving the following Monday to go to DC for a video shoot, I was super excited. I literally found out on 3 p.m. Friday and at 9:30 on Monday I was on a plane heading to our country's capitol.

We arrived late Monday night and were staying 30 miles outside the city so we stayed close to our hotel. Tuesday we drove in early before our shoot just to drive around and do some site seeing from the car. We didn't have enough time to get out and actually see anything so I was playing the part of dorky tourist and taking pictures from the backseat of our van.

As I suspected, DC is a place you need to go to for at least a week and do all the fun stuff. I can't wait until I get to go back for pleasure and not business. See my pictures from the back seat below.
The Capitol
The Lincoln Memorial
Union Station
The White House - this is as close you can get in a car now.
The Washington Monument at night - beautiful!

No comments: