Wednesday, June 5, 2013

36 Weeks

We are in the final month and the UNcomfortableness has set in!

At our appointment two weeks ago, Doc said she felt like P-Nut had moved head down! Yay! She said I would know when the baby turned and thinking back on it, I think I do. I was sitting at my desk at work (the day before the appointment) and P-Nut was making a lot of rolls and moves then all of a sudden, I had a tremendous amount of pressure down south. That was something I hadn't felt before but didn't think much of it. That must have been when P-Nut settled in.

Each day after that, I have a lot of trouble sleeping with some pretty intense tailbone and lower back pain. Which they say happens once the baby starts to prepare for delivery. The majority of the time when I am at home, I am on my "birthing ball" because that relieves so much pressure and feels so much better. My officemate told me the other day that she thought my belly looked lower.

Today I had my 36-week check up and it was an interesting appt. We were sitting in our room and it was taking the Doc a lot longer than usual to come in. As soon as Ryan said something about it he got a text message from our good friend Tim and his wife Carma went into labor. She was due a week after us and we have the same doctor!! That explains why the doctor was delayed, she was delivering Jennings! What a funny coincidence that was. We always joked about us being in the hosptial at the same time - looks like it was true, just for different reasons.

Once the Doc came back she checked me and I am dilated 1 cm!! She said she could even feel the head. It has begun!! I looked over at Ryan and he had the biggest smile on his face. We are both so excited. But also know, I can stay at 1 for weeks.

I had a dream last night that while we were at our appointment the doctor looked at me and said "This baby will be born on June 13." I thought that was pretty specific so we will see what happens :)

The nursery is done, the hospital bags are packed and the car seat is being installed this week. We finalized both name choices (which changed from the first time I wrote that) and I am starting to train my replacement at work and wrapping some things up. At this point, I am fine to receive P-Nut whenever he/she is ready.

At 37 weeks, baby is considered full term. I am so blessed and grateful P-Nut has made it this far!

And by the way, Ryan and I still think this little one is a girl. What are your thoughts?

1 comment:

The Lady of the House said...

Girl. But not like I know - I only know from my experience.

My girls carried high and wider than the boys.

My boys carried low and I looked like I stuffed a basketball in my shirt.

And I totally stalk your blog.!

Jill