Monday, September 9, 2013

2 Month Check Up

Harlan had his 2-month check up last week. He was actually almost 11 weeks old at the time. We got to see Dr. David Jackson and that was special for me because I have known him and his family almost my whole life. He was my pediatrician growing up, I am the same age as one of his sons, we went to the same church for a while and his wife was my bible study leader in high school.

Harlan is, of course, doing great. He was 23.5 inches long and 12 lbs 10 oz. That puts him in the 50th percentile of each category. Dr. Jackson was very impressed with how well he was holding his head up.

We also got our first round of shots. Two nurses came in, held both his legs down and stuck him at the same time. It was a scary thing for this mom to see but I understand the rationale behind it. He wailed at the initial prick but as soon as I picked him up he calmed down. That's my tough guy!

At the end of the appointment Dr. Jackson said a prayer over Harlan which I thought was extra special. It is so nice have a personal connection with the doctor that looks over your child.

Here are a few recent photos of our little man.





No comments: