Friday, January 30, 2009

I HATE Ice!

Ok. I finally found a connection to the outside world. Unless you have been living under a rock, you all heard about the ice storm that swept through NWA on Tuesday. It has been MISERABLE! 2 inches of ice covered everything left outside. Every tree in Fayetteville is completey ruined: missing branches, split down the middle or completely fallen over. Some cars were destroyed and some houses have gaping holes now. It serisously looks like a tornonado of ice ripped through our beautiful city. It will be months before everything is cleand up. My apartment lost power on Tuesday afternoon and I still don't have it back. Last time I checkd it was 54 degrees inside. And to top it all off my phone decides this week to not completely charge all the way so i was phoneless for two days. My parents got their power back last night so at least there is a place to stay warm. I took a hot shower last night and it felt like i hadn't had one in years. The University has been closed since Tuesday. That's FOUR days in a row. And any of you who went to the UA know that the school never closes! Our office building has been without power as well so I haven't been there since noon on Monday when they sent us home. Cable is out everywhere as well. I will post picture later on as soon as I am back settled in my own home. I am going to clean out my refrigerator now....YUCK! Needless to say, I am ready for some normalcy again.

No comments: