Friday, August 27, 2010

We Have a Date!

Set a Date - Check!
Book Church - Check!
Book Reception Venue - Check!

Looks like this wedding is actually going to happen and everything is on schedule!

I will become Mrs. Pettigrew on July 2, 2011.

We chose this date for several different reasons.

1. We knew it was going to be July or later in 2011 because I wanted a year-long engagement. August starts football season so that left us with July only. My dad would kill me if I tried to get married during his season and Ryan and I both think it is almost a crime to get married on a Saturday in the fall - we would rather be at a football game!

2. Once we started looking at the weekends I realized July 2 was a Saturday and I immediatley wanted to do it then because we got engaged on July 2, 2010 - a little corny I know, but cool that we will get married exactly one year later.

3. Because it is a holiday weekend, our guests will have extra time for travel.

Now let's see, now that we have a date set and the venues booked, that leaves us exactly 308 days for planning. My mom and wedding planner are already on top of things and they are huge lifesavers for me. They are doing all the dirty work and I am so grateful to have their help!

For more information about our wedding visit our wedding website at

http://adams-pettigrew.ourwedding.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay!
Now can WE have a date? Anna can already write her name- it's been too long!