Saturday, October 9, 2010

Back from the Grave

Uggghhhh....this past week has sucked! I mean it has truely been one of the most miserable weeks of my life. I have been down for the count with a stomach bacterial infection that has basically rendered me helpless. I am pretty sure I have never been sicker in my life. I missed 3.5 days of work and when I say missed, I'm talking I couldn't even look at my Blackberry to see what was going on because I was so sick. I have never missed more than 2 days of work for being sick so this was very new to me. I went to the doctor twice and couldn't eat anything for 3 days. I tried taking my pills but they would come right back up so I called my trusty doctor friend and Matron of Honor Stacia and she told me to dissolve them in water. Luckily that worked. I will spare you the rest of the details but let's just say it wasn't pretty.

Yesterday I was able to open my computer and see the hundreds of emails that were in my inbox so I started on those. While doing that it made me realize how much I had missed, not only at work but outside of work too and I started putting together a list of things that really annoy me about being sick.

  • I haven't seen Ryan since Tuesday. I didn't want him getting this crap. Not seeing your fiance for a week really sucks
  • I missed my dad's game on Friday night - I'm a coach's daughter, enough said
  • I am so sick of watching TV but when you are sick that is basicallly all you can do
  • Even though I was out SICK from work, my office still thought it was ok to call me every couple of hours to ask questions - people: let me have a few days to recover please!
  • My house has become a danger zone - I am a neat freak so this clutter is driving me crazy
  • I missed a going away party for one of my assistants at work
  • It was amazing weather all week and all I could do is look at it from the inside

And one of the major things is I missed our engagement picture shoot. I was really stressing about this because my awesome photographer, Rachel Blackwell, moved to San Francisco because her husband got a job out there. She had already booked 4 weddings before they knew so she comes back every couple of months for us. If we didn't do our shoot this week, I wasn't sure when we were going to be able to do it. By Thursday I was still inmobile so I texted her on the off chance we could switch days and luckily she said one of her clients had canceled on Sunday night so we could do it then. Thank goodness!

It is now Saturday and I finally feel like I am coming out of it. I will let you know how things go. Hope yall all had a better week than me. I am now done with my complaining. Thanks for listening.

No comments: