So I usually leave the recipe posting to my friend Kendall but this cake turned out so pretty and was so delicious I had to share it. This is a perfect fall cake that is sure to be a crowd pleaser and an easy way to impress your family and friends.
1 pkg yellow cake mix
1 can of pumpkin, divided
1/2 c milk
1/3 c oil
1-1/2 tsp of pumpkin pie spice, divided
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 c powdered sugar
1 tub of Cool Whip
1/4 c caramel ice cream topping
1/4 c chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Beat cake mix, 1 c pumpkin, milk, oil, eggs, 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice in large bowl until blended. Pour batter into 2 greased and floured round cake pans.
3. Bake for 28 - 30 minutes. Cool in pans for 10 minutes then remove and place on wire racks. Cool completely (I put the cakes in the refrigerator to cool faster).
4. Beat cream cheese in bowl until creamy. Add sugar, remaining pumpkin and spice. Mix well. Stir in Cool Whip.
5. Once the cakes are cool, cut horizontally into 2 pieces. Stack on serving plate layering cake then cream cheese mixture. There will be three layers of cream cheese mixture. Do no put cream cheese mixture on the top.
6. Drizzle with caramel and chopped pecans just before serving. Refrigerate leftovers.
Let me know if you like it!