So it has been 50 days since my last wedding update. I am rockin and rolling on my wedding check list. I set a "Things to Get Done in January" list and I am happy to say that almost all of them have gotten accomplished.
So far this month we:
- Picked out tuxes
- Got a "get away" car from the reception - which is waaaay cool
- ordered and received the invitations
- met with florists and picked out all the flowers I want
- decided on how the reception will be set up, how many tables and what color linens to use
- got mom's Mother of the Bride dress - I actually saw it on the rack, loved it and so did she
- blocked hotel rooms for our guests
- got our engagement announcement in the local papers - thanks to everybody who has given us copies
- approved Kelsey's design for the Save the Dates and they are in the mail as we speak
- Starting getting quotes for rehearsal dinner sites and I think we have decided on one.
I have to say after Christmas I had a slight panic attack when I realized my wedding was in 6 months so I pushed it into high gear and started to get really organized.
I hope to get a lot more accomplished in February. I will keep you updated!