Tuesday, April 2, 2013

27 Weeks - HELLLLLO 3rd Trimester!

I got my weekly update email today from TheBump.com and it told me I am now in the 3rd Trimester. Holy Crap! That really took me by surprise.

Our last appt was last Friday when I had the Glucose test. Results came back negative for gestational diabetes (Yay!) but it did come back with results that I am slightly anemic. Therefore, from here on out, I need to take an iron supplement 2 times a day. The nurse said this should give me more energy during the day (double Yay!) and is nothing that is too concerning.

The heart rate was 135 and P-Nut was moving around so much it was hard for the Doc to get a clear heartbeat reading. Our next appointment is in 3 weeks and then after that we go twice the next month and then down to every week. I can't believe we are that close!

Saturday we attended the all-day childbirth marathon class. Ryan and I learned a lot and realized there are a lot of decisions that still need to be made -we actually have to create some sort of birth plan. One of the most useful things I learned was the pure awesomeness of a "birthing ball" aka the large inflatable exercise balls. Just by sitting on it and rocking I was able to relieve some of the pressure on my back. We went and bought one the next day so I could use it at home. We will take it to the hospital for the delivery as well.

We also got to tour the Labor and Delivery wing at the hospital. It was nice to get a sense of where you need to go when you are first in labor and what the rooms will be like. We will be assigned a room that we will be in for the entire time - labor, delivery and recovery.

My symptoms lately are a lot of back pain and I am not sleeping through the night as well as I use to. My face is still breaking out like a pre-teen so I guess I will be dealing with that for the duration.

Here is our 27-week picture. Lately I have been hearing a lot of "wow you have popped" and "you finally look pregnant." No turning back now :)



1 comment:

The Lady of the House said...

That birthing ball was my best friend during labor. I didn't want to do anything else but sit on it because it just made things feel...better. Didn't make the pain go away, but it still felt better.

Like it was right.