Thursday, February 21, 2013

My First Attempt at Yoga while Pregnant

At my gym I use to take a class called Body Flow pretty regularly  It is a mixture of Thai Chi, Yoga and Pilates and there are routines set to different songs. I got into it because Ryan's cousin Sheri teaches the class. Last year, Sheri was pregnant and taught up until she was about 8.5 months. Obviously there were some positions she couldn't do but for the most part she did it all. So, I thought I would get back into it because Yoga is suppose to be good while pregnant. How hard can it be, right?

Well....let's just say it wasn't terrible but it was pretty humorous. There is a lot of bending over in front and that is what killed me. My belly was so sore that night. Sheri was quick to tell me what not to do and how I could supplement some of the moves. There are a lot of balance moves which I found a bit trickier now. I think I will continue to do it but I have NO idea how she did it for so long. Once I start to get any bigger, it will become nearly impossible.

And let's just say, I will NEVER, EVER be doing this position. Cray Cray!

1 comment:

Form Body Lab said...

That is one crazy position and I'll be impressed with any pregnant woman who can do that. Though if it were my wife, I'd probably be going crazy whenever she has to go to her yoga classes. Are you still doing yoga classes? I heard that it help when it comes to breathing and back pains and get the baby into a good position too.