Tuesday, February 5, 2013

19 Weeks with Flutters, Bubbles and Kicks?

Today marks 19 weeks for P-Nut and I think I am actually starting to feel a little bit of movement. It is not constant but every once in a while I feel something and it makes me wonder.

For everybody it feels different, to me it feels like little bubbles popping in my belly or tiny little flutters. And I feel them all over, not in just one place. I still wonder if it is the baby or some other bodily function but I am leaning towards P-Nut. Very exciting.

Some people have been asking about my symptoms as well. So far, the 2nd trimester (only 6 weeks into it) has been great. I have no more nausea and my energy level, for the most part, is back to normal. In all honesty, the worst symptom these days is the face breakouts. My face has not broken out like this since I was a preteen and it is not only disgusting but embarrassing. Yuck! I am hoping that will start to subside but it hasn't yet.

I am also having a few abdominal pains which means all the ligaments are starting to stretch out to make room for growing P-Nut. I have also noticed a bit more back pain. Last night I went to watch my cousin coach his basketball team and I realized I am very glad I am not pregnant during football season. Me and my back would have never lasted through a whole game on bleachers. Being pregnant has also brought to my attention that I lean over my desk while working which becomes uncomfortable after 8 hours.

Also, for the past couple of weeks I have been training myself to start sleeping on my side. Pre-pregnancy I slept on my stomach or my back which are both "forbidden" now. Obviously I can't lay on my stomach and somehow if you lay on your back, you are cutting off oxygen and/or blood flow to the baby which terrifies me. Sleeping on my side is very uncomfortable to me but I am slowing starting to get use to it. I told Ryan his job is now to remind me when we are laying on the couch watching TV to not lay on my back. I usually remember when I am in bed but don't when I am on the couch.

Other than that, nothing too major. Everything is going well and I feel lucky that I feel pretty normal these days.

Baby Facts at 19 Weeks (via TheBump.com - notice the website even thinks I am having a girl with its reference to "her"):
  • Size of a mango, about 8 ounces
  • Developing a protective coating over her skin, called vernix caseosa. It's greasy and white and you may see some of it at her birth.
  • Working on her five senses. Nerve cells for her sense of taste, hearing, sight and smell are developing in her brain.

No comments: