Monday, January 18, 2010

My Hero Chris

I just read the email that I had been dreading for the last year. Stacia wrote us all last night to tell us Chris has been deployed. But, he wasn't going to Afghanistan or Iraq like we thought.
They sent him to Haiti to help with the relief efforts. Stacia and Chris got word at 8:30 p.m. last night that he would be going and at 9:30 p.m. he was gone. He will be in Haiti until April.
Chris is a graduate from the West Point academy and has been stationed at Fort Bragg in North Carolina. He is now an officer in the US Army and we are all so proud of him!
Stacia graduated from PA school in December and her and Chris were living in the same town for the first time in their ENTIRE relationship (and yes, they have been married for a year). She got one week with him before he was deployed.
Please send prayers to Chris for safety, to the people of Haiti for comfort and to Stacia for strength.
Me with Chris at their wedding in December 2008

Chris the Soldier Boy (I took this pic from his Facebook)

1 comment:

Stacia said...

Thanks Mer! You are the sweetest...I love you more than words my friend. I'll call you soon!