Saturday, April 28, 2012

The Week I Turned 27

This week I turned 27. Not an exciting birthday, especially if it is on a Wednesday and especially if you have a crazy week at work.

The week started off great, my agency found out we won, not just one, but TWO national awards. We were named one of the 50 Fastest-Growing Women Owned/Led Companies in North America – Women President’s Organization and American Express OPEN and the Small Agency of the Year – The Holmes Report.

Tuesday night my in-laws took us to a great dinner at Rolando's in Rogers and they gave me a gift card to Lowe's to help fund my landscaping project. I can't wait to start!

On my actual birthday, my husband made me steak and got me a REALLY nice bottle of wine to go with it. It was a great, laid back night at home.

Then on Thursday, our friend Tim played at JJ's so we got a big group together and hung out on the patio while Timmy played. Ryan got petifours from Rick's for everybody at the dinner. Yummy!

Even though I had a lot going on at work which consisted of constant phone checking after hours, a 11:45 p.m call and several "fire drills" in the office, I still had a great birthday week. By the time Friday came around, I was completley exhausted and incredibly tense all over my body.

Ryan asked me if I felt older and for the first time ever I actually said yes - 27 feels so much closer to 30 than 26 did. Yikes! Here's hoping 27 is as good as 26 was.

No comments: