Wednesday, January 9, 2013

15 Weeks and Growing

P-nut and I are 15 weeks now and both are continuing to grow! P-nut is the size of a naval orange and his/her body parts are starting to become proportionate. Funny thing I learned this week - the baby has developed a fur - yes a fur. A small layer of hair is growing all over the baby to keep it warm in the womb. Supposedly I will begin to feel kicks between 16 and 20 weeks, most likely closer to 20. I can't wait for that moment - I think I will finally feel like there is a tiny human growing inside me!

As far as mommy, I am growing too. I can still fit in most of my "normal" clothes but some are getting quite uncomfortable. For instance, yesterday I wore a skirt to work and around lunch time I unzipped it halfway and untucked my shirt. Classy I know but i couldn't handle it anymore! That skirt won't be worn again for at least 7 months.

I finally broke down and bought 2 pairs of maternity dress pants since that is what I am wearing most often now. On many people's advice, I tried the belly band but that thing was more uncomfortable to me than the pants. I bet that will change once I start getting bigger but for now, I just rather have elastic waistbands. I also had to make a trip to Victoria's Secret. Let's just say if my boobs are this big now, I can't imagine what they will be in 6 months. Yikes!

I have no more nausea and am starting to gain more energy. I am going back to the gym tonight for the first time in 3 months. Shameful. But I don't know how any pregnant woman can workout during the first trimester, if I wasn't feeling like I was going to throw up all the time then I was so exhausted I couldn't even get up off the couch, much less exert any kind of physical activity. I know how important it is to stay active not only for P-nut but also for me. Coach has agreed to be my personal trainer again for 1-2 days a week (with a modified pregnancy workout) and then I will go to my gym the other days. Wish me luck!

Most of the days you can't tell I am pregnant but today's outfit shows the tiny bump off just a tad so I thought I would share with you. Happy 15 weeks to us!

1 comment:

Amy and Jerry said...

Meredith, you look precious! Can't wait to see you in person :)