Monday, November 2, 2009

I can't believe it...

Wow! I can't believe Bekah is going to be a mommy. Actually, scratch that, I can belive it I just can't believe I've come to that point in my life. The time when my friends are starting to have babies. I felt like it was just yesterday when 3 of my best friends all got married within 8 weeks of each other.

We always knew Bekah was going to be the first to get married and the first to have a baby - she is a kindergarten teacher for crying out loud! When she called me and I heard her say -"Guess what Mer? I am 8 weeks pregnant!" it was one of the most exciting things to hear and one of the the weirdest too. At that moment I felt like I officially had entered that next stage of life. It also made me feel like I have no control of my own life anymore :) I am growing up even if I don't want to.

I can't imagine two people that will make better parents than Bekah and Dallas. I can't wait to watch her tummy grow and to plan a baby shower (yikes I've moved from wedding showers to baby showers already?!?).

Oh and by the way, thanks for giving me a life-check moment Bek! I will never forget that moment :)

I love you Hoppers. Congrats Mom-to-Be!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Mer! I haven't opened the computer in over a week! This is precious. Thank you for being excited with us.
I love you sweet friend!