Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thanksgiving Eve 1888

On Thanksgiving Eve in 1888 Sarah Ida Shaw and Eleanor Dorcus Pond founded Delta Delta Delta. Every year, the collegiates and alumna celebrate our founding with a dinner. As the NWA alumnae chapter president I am in charge of planning our dinner. So my officers and I have been planning it for the past 3 months, trying to make it the best one yet. I think we succeeded! There were 21 alumnae present and we were able to have it at the Delta Shelta. It was perfect because the house was decorated for Christmas and it looked beautiful. We had the traditional candle-lighting ceremony and munched on some YUMMY Noodles while some of the in-house girls served us. Overall it we had a great time and I am so glad it turned out so well. I am looking forward to next year.

Half the group eating dinner
All around the Christmas Tree in the foyer

And we had to get the traditional staircase pic. The painting on the wall is a picture of my mother walking down the steps from the house and was given to the house by her pledge class in memory of her. It has been hanging in the house since the earlier 90s. Very cool.



No comments: