Thursday, January 12, 2012

Farmington Cardinals

If you follow me on Facebook you know by now that the Farmington Cardinals had an amazing season! The ended by playing in the Semi-Final game for the first time since 1989! The Cards were predicted to finish 4th in their conference and maybe not even make it to the first round of play-offs. Because of that my Dad was named Arkansas Small School Coach of the Year and voted on by his coaching peers as an All-Star Coach for the All-Star game this summer. This year was truly a Cinderella season!



This year was even more special because it was my brother, Spencer's, first year as a full-time coach. I have never been more proud of my family! Below are some pics from this year's season.





Coach Adams and his girlfriend, Lyndsey, after the Shiloh game. And yes, you are reading that score right: Farmington 58 -Shiloh 37. Shiloh had a bad season and I never once felt sorry for them. It was time for them to lose a game.




The next two are pictures of signs that lined Main Street in Farmington when the team made it to playoffs. This is one of the many reasons I love small towns. They whole town showed so much support for the team.


Farmington vs. Berryville

My Aunt Janie (my dad's sister) and Uncle Doug brought their grandson, Hudson, to a game. He loved it!
The coaches' families after a big win

Spencer's first game as a head coach on the field with his 7th graders. Look how tiny they are! I love this picture because Dad is watching his son fulfill his dream of becoming a football coach.

The girls again at a playoff game.


I had so much fun this year and I can't wait until next season. GO CARDS!

No comments: