Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Country-Packed Weekend!

This weekend is going to be NUTS. Why you ask? Because I am seeing TWO of my favorite bands in one weekend: Rascal Flatts on Friday night and Zac Brown Band on Saturday night! I am so excited I can barely stand it.



It all happened in a very last-minute, random way. The ZBB happened first. A group of my friends from work decided one Friday afternoon in January to all buy tickets to see the band in Little Rock. It just happened to be an afternoon when I was working off site. I didn't want to get a separate ticket and not sit with them so I just bowed out. Fastforward to last week and one of the girls can't go anymore so I bought her ticket. Score!

I saw ZBB play at the Walmart Shareholder's meeting a couple of years ago. They only played for about 30 minutes but that was the best concert I have ever seen, hands down. I am so excited to see them in a full concert!


But before we head down to Little Rock on Saturday, I am seeing Rascal Flatts on Friday night at the NWA Children's Shelter Fundraising Gala in Rogers. As a member of Junior League, we work with the Children's Shelter on a regular basis so I decided, before knowing Rascal Flatts would be playing, to go to that event. Well after Rascal Flatts was announced, I knew I was absolutley going to go - that is until I went online to buy a ticket for...$200!! That was waaaay out of my budget so I gave up on seeing RF in person.




Then last Friday at work, our office got an email that stated: "Our company has bought a table for this event and the tickets are available for free on a first-come, first-serve basis." I clicked on the link and it took me to a picture of RF and the Children's Shelter. Without hesitating, I replied back and begged for a ticket. Lucky me - I was the first respondant and guaranteed a ticket! Plus, since we are considered a sponsor, we get to go early and MEET the band. Ahhh!



This is a fancy cocktail type event so I bought a new fancy dress (a Gianni Bini dress on 75% clearance at Dillard's) and get to get all gussied up. Funny thing is, the same girls I am going to ZBB with are the ones that are going to see RF as well.




This couldn't have happened on a better weekend because a bunch of Ryan's college friends are coming in town and they are doing a bunch of boy stuff.


And to top it off, Sunday afternoon I am going to the 1st birthday party of this handsome fellow- Whitt. We are going to be cheering on the Hog baseball team in the Hog Pen and celebrating his big day all at the same time.

Needless to say, I will be absolutely, positively exhausted come Monday but it will all be worth it. I am spending the entire weekend with some of my favorite men :)

No comments: