Thursday, March 15, 2012

Rascal Flatts!

O-M-G!!! Rascal Flatts was AAAAAAA-MAZING!! We had such a blast at the Children's House Starlight Gala last Friday night.

First off was dinner and then on to the live auction. I got anxious during the auction because obviously I was not going to buy a $10,000 trip to France - I wanted to see the band!

Once the auction was over, the MC announced Rascal Flatts would begin in 5 minutes. So our table took that as the cue to move towards the stage. I am glad we did because we were the first ones there and this is how close I was.

When I say close, I am talking inches! I could smell Gary's cologne. I felt like a pre-teen at a Justin Bieber concert.

I was standing right in front of Gary and his mike. Their set list was tapped to the stage in front of me so I could see what song was coming next.

At one point, Gary looked down and asked what the next song was because he couldn't read it - and of course I TOLD HIM!! Then after that, every song he came over to me and I told him what to play. Again - pre-teen at Justin Bieber!!




Gary knelt down and got a picture with us


My buddy Jay

Joe Don and Gary rocking out


This pictures shows you how close we were. I backed up so Bridget could get in my spot to get a picture.


Singing "What Hurts the Most" which might be my favorite song of theirs.


They played for about 40 minutes and it was the perfect amoung of time. They played all their best songs and I was in 4 inch heels dancing so by then my feet were killing me.





After the concert, they went back stage and sponsors got to back there and take pictures with them. We may or may not have said we were with KNWA (which was kind of true :) and got back there. As soon as I walked up, Gary told me thanks for helping him out.




Overall, if you couldn't tell, we had a great time and I can't wait to see them again!

No comments: