Monday, May 27, 2013

The Nursery is Complete

Ryan and I finished the nursery this weekend! It feels so good to have it done and ready for our little one's arrival. We are very happy with how it turned out and we think P-Nut will fit right in. There are some extra special touches that we love. 

Here is a view from the door. The only thing that needs to be added is P-Nut's name over the crib. That will obviously be done after the birth. 


This picture shows two heirloom pieces. The little rocking chair was handmade by Ryan's grandfather who passed away when Ryan was young. The white chest was my mother's. One hinge was broken but Ryan fixed it for me. We are keeping toys and books in the chest. It is special to have both pieces in P-Nut's nursery.

I love the little owl prints I found online. The colors were a perfect match. 

This is one of my favorite spots in the nursery. The chest that we are using as the changing table was the one that Ryan had in his nursery as a baby. We sanded it down and painted it. Above the dresser are baby pictures of Ryan and me and then the middle frame will hold a picture of P-Nut. 

Can you tell which is Ryan and which is me? 

And of course we had to have some sort of Razorback spirit in the room. I painted this at Painting with a Twist. 

So, there it is. Completely done and ready to welcome its new host - in about 5 weeks!!

No comments: