Thursday, May 3, 2012

Extreme Couponing Attempt #2

Last night I tried my version of extreme couponing at a different retailer (because of my job and my clients, I will not say which retailer).

I thought this trip was going to be bigger but it ended up not being. I found at this store, the prices were not as comparable as Walmart so I didn't end of buying as much. But the one bonus about this store is that it offers its own coupons which you can stack with other coupons (double the savings!) I never knew you could stack coupons until I started reading my couponing blogs. It's a very handy trick.

Here is my loot from last night

I spent a total of $10.12 for merchandise that retailed for $25.41 = 61% savings! This time I did save more than I spent!
  • Nail Polish remover $0.97
    • store coupons - $.50 off
    • Total = $0.47 (50% savings)
  • GE Light bulb - $3.79
    • store coupon - $1 off
    • manufacturer coupon - $2 off
    • Total = $0.79 (80% savings)
  • Revlon Mascara - $5.69 on sale for 2.97
    • store coupon - $2 off
    • Total = $0.97 (83% savings)
  • Rimmel Powder - $3.59
    • store coupon - $1 off
    • manufacturer coupon - $1 off
    • Total = $1.59 (56 % savings)
  • Maybelline Eye Shadow - $2.94
    • store coupon - $1 off
    • manufacturer coupon - $1 off
    • Total = $0.94 (69% savings)
  • Quaker Oats Oatmeal $1.79 each ($3.58 total)
    • 2 manufacturer coupons for $0.50 off ($1 total)
    • store coupon - $1 off
    • Total $1.58 for two ($.79 each) or 1 FREE
  • Milo's Kitchen Dog Treats $2.99 on sale for $2.42 each ($4.84 total)
    • store coupon for $1 off
    • manufacturer coupon for $1.25 off
    • Total $2.58 for two ($1.29 each) or 1 FREE

And on top of my savings, when I got home last night this was in my mailbox

It is a sample beauty bag from the exact same retailer. On my couponing blogs they also tell you where you can go to request free samples. This was a pretty awesome one! It is a make-up bag filled with shampoo, lotion and face wash samples, cleansing face cloths and a coupon book!! Why not request free products if you get cool stuff like this?


I think I am getting better at this couponing business and I actually enjoy it. I'll keep you updated if I find any other good deals.

1 comment:

Jenny Strickland said...

What coupon blogs do you follow?