Saturday, May 12, 2012

My Mothers

Happy Mother's Day to all my mothers. I am lucky to have THREE mothers - one wouldn't be in my life with out the other and one I got as a bonus because I feel in love with her son.

Mom Robin
She came into our life when my Dad needed her most. She became the matriarch of our family. She gave me another brother. One of my favorite memories with my mom growing up was shopping for Prom and Homecoming dresses together. I always looked forward to spending that day with her. She always said every dress looked beautiful on me, when we all know, they probably didn't. Obviously we are not blood but we are still mother and daughter. I remember one time we were eating sushi together and our waitress said "Wow, you two look exactly alike." We looked at each other and just laughed. Below is a picture of us at the end of my bridal portrait session. That was another special day for me. A day for just us to enjoy together during a very stressful time. I love you Momma!


Mom Kathy
I am so fortunate to have married into an amazing family. My mother- and father-in-law are amazing people and they love me as much as they love their son.  Kathy is very funny. I think she thought I didn't know how to cook because I didn't know how to make homemade bread and she is never afraid to tell me what she thinks of my clothes or jewelry - good or bad. Every time she meets her sisters for lunch, she always calls me to come along. I am glad to add another girl to her family. I give her back up now against those three Pettigrew boys.


Mom Diane
I only knew my Mom for four and a half years but I am a part of her. I wonder sometimes how much like her I am. So many people that knew our family back then always tell me I am my dad's female version, and not much like her.  My dad even tells me I am more like him than her. One thing I felt brought me closer to her was when I pledged Tri Delta like she did in the 1970s. I had several of her pledge sisters contact me that year and tell me how much they loved her. I miss her a lot but she sent an excellent replacement for our family. Without her, I would never have met my other Mom. I can't wait to introduce them to each other once we are all in heaven. Until then, I know she is watching over us. 


Happy Mother's Day to all my mothers. I love you more than words can say. Thank you for being such an inspiration to me.

Love,  Meredith

No comments: